Our FourSquare

Our FourSquare

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Paint, stain, scrape, paint, caulk....

Let's talk about the paint.  We have chosen beige - what a fabulous color!  It turns grey, brown, tan. Love it!  Trying to decide on the type of paint - eggshell or satin.  It's for the bathroom.  I tend to be a lover of flat paint because it doesn't show issues.  The sample we purchased - that I had to mix myself because the woman in the Big Blue L store was apparently unable / unwilling to mix it.  So I shook that little container of paint from Monett to Aurora.  Finally the bottom of the container was the paint color instead of white.  I know I could have waited until we got home - but where's the fun in that? The samples are only sold in satin and I kinda liked the look of it.  I didn't take pictures of it yet, sorry.  What I've read says to use satin in the bathroom because it cleans up better, is more scrubbable.

It's called
Lyndhurst Gallery Beige
2006-10B
Valspar  It really doesn't seem that dark in reality.

We will be putting wainscot up and it will be a shade of cream/white.  It looks like it matches the tile - so hopefully that's the outcome. 

I can't wait until we can get this room finished!!  It's so close - bet yet the list is sooooooooo long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts.